Three ways to maintain your pool: By hand, with suction side pool cleaner or hire a service?
This is a reader supported Website. By clicking on product links, you help us keep producing independent objective analysis at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Almost everyone loves to have a swimming pool in their house, but cleaning isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. We believe it is the responsibility of every pool owner to maintain their pool properly if they want to keep it in a healthy shape. Clean swimming will let you host great sort of parties with friends and family.
However, the real question is which is the right option to maintain the pool? Is it ideal for performing this task by hand or should you use a cleaner for this purpose? Many of you might be thinking about is hiring a professional service is a good idea or not? In this post, we will talk about each of these methods for ensuring that you can make the right decision at the end.
The cheapest method to maintain the pool is performing the task by hand without any use of professional help and equipment. Follow the below-mentioned steps to clean the pool by hand comfortably:
- Firstly, you need to skim the pool surface so that floating debris can be eliminated. After that, empty the skimmer basket followed by disposing of the waste away from the pool.
- The next thing you need to do is set up the vacuum that isn’t too difficult at all. The instruction manual is delivered along with the equipment so check the process carefully.
- Once you set up the vacuum, we suggest the readers perform the vacuuming of the pool for at least 40-50 minutes. After that, it is better to eliminate algae from the pool using a nylon brush or stainless steel brush.
- Many people who maintain the pool by hand often forget to adjust the chemicals that cost them dearly. However, you shouldn’t make such a mistake and test the chemistry in the pool weekly. Try to keep pH less than 7.6 when tested with muriatic acid.
- At last, we suggest adding chlorine to the system that can be done either using chlorinator or a floating container depending on your situation.
As you can see, there are lots of works involved if you are looking to clean the pool with bare hands. However, you can save great chunks of money by following this cleaning process.
Suction Side Cleaner
If you believe that cleaning work isn’t your cup of tea, then installing a suction side cleaner is the right thing to do. For readers who don’t know, it is an automatic machine that is attached to the pump and gives it the required level of suction for eliminating debris. There is a long hose that is further connected with the skimmer for providing proper cleaning. Have a look at the important points regarding the suction side pool cleaner below:
- There are lots of filtration pumps in a suction side cleaner that allow it to suck out impurities. They are further collected in the pump basket.
- The main purpose of a suction side cleaner is to make the suction power of a pool pump better.
- They are the perfect choice for the pools that face great issues from sand and dirt along with a few leaves.
Installing a suction side cleaner will definitely ease your cleaning tensions, but it doesn’t do all the job. You still have to remove the debris & other impurities from the basket along with maintaining the chemicals in the pool. Still, we can say it is a cost-effective method for people who can’t hire a professional company for this purpose.
Hiring a professional cleaner
If you believe that having a professional cleaning company is a mess-free task, then you are wrong guys. There are tons of things that need to be checked in a professional cleaning company before hiring them unless you want to waste your money. On the other hand, leaving your pool maintenance in the hands of professionals can bring tons of benefits. Have a look at the major features of a professional pool company below:
- The foremost feature of this service is you no longer have to worry about the chemical compositions or cleaning job in the pool. You are free to enjoy time in the pool with family and friends.
- There will be no time wastage that the owners usually spend to maintain their pool.
- The professionals hired for the maintenance of the pool come with a complete set of knowledge about what kind of chemicals to put in the pool. Also, they understand when to service the equipment installed on the pool. An average individual can never have this sort of knowledge.
- All the maintenance works are performed the right way without any chances of error if you choose the right company. Professionals know how to maintain the pool superbly as it is their daily job.
As you can see, the easiest method to maintain the pool is going for a professional company for this job. However, you need to be very cautious while selecting a provider as you are paying hard-earned money for this job.
In the end, we will say that every method comes with pros and cons that affect your choices. However, you should understand how much your pocket allows before choosing any of them. A suction-side cleaner is an ideal method for most people as it doesn’t cost too much and result in easing tensions to a greater extent. Don’t forget about writing your experiences in the comment section!